Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I upload images in the Media Manager?
Once you have your images cut to size they are ready to be uploaded. Here are the steps to follow in the Media Manager.
- Go to the Content menu > Media. The Media Manager stores all your uploaded files (images, pdf files etc...) in your images folder on your website.
You can create new folders, and upload and delete files as needed. Your files can be viewed in Thumbnail or Detail view.
- Click on the folder you wish to upload your file to.
- Click the green Upload button.
- Click the Choose Files button to locate your image on your computer. You can upload more than one file at at time, but your server will likely have a limit to the number of files uploaded at the same time. If your images are very large, than it will take a long time so it is best to resize them before uploading them.
- Locate your file(s) on your computer and click the Open button.
- Click the blue Start Upload button. You should now see your files uploaded. Do keep your files in the correct folder. It makes things much more manageable than having your files in any old folder.
To create a new Folder
- Click on the Folder to be the root of your new Folder. The new Folder will be created in whichever folder is currently being displayed.
- Click the Create Folder button
- Type the name of your folder in the empty field. The names of your folders should not have special symbols nor spaces and is best to use lowercase as well. Hyphens are best to separate words.
Note: It is best to resize your images to the correct dimensions before uploading it to your site. If your image is oversized and you resize it directly in the Content editor, the images will load consirably slower and slow down the loading of your web page in your browser. Google will take this negative issue in consideration when ranking your page or site.