Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I create a new Category?
In your Joomla Administrator...
- Go to the Content menu > Category Manager > Add New Category.
- Give your category a Title.
You only need a title to succussfully create a category. The following is optional.
- The Alias will be created by Joomla upon saving based upon your title. It is possible to create another alias name if desired. The Alias will usually appear in the URL of the site's page.
- Write a description for your category if needed. In many cases this is not needed. This description can be published on your site or kept unpublished for administrative purposes.
- Click the Options button in your Article Manager or Category Manager screen to select this option.
- Select a Parent category on the right sidebar. You can have subcategories if needed.
- Click the Save & Close button to save your category.
- Create as many categories and subcategories as needed. If you have a large site with many articles this feature will be very useful to organize your articles. Even smaller sites can benefit from structuring your articles into categories. ex. News category, Products category, Events category etc...